If you have any transportation routing questions between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., please call (518) 295-6689.
Schoharie students ride safely
The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) has consistently given the Schoharie Central School District Transportation Department a high rating in its school bus safety inspection reports. This translates into a safe ride to and from school for students.
All school buses are subject to a comprehensive inspection by the NYSDOT at least every six months. Vehicles that do not pass are placed out of service until problems are corrected.
Traversa Ride 360
Travesa is the software program that the transportation department uses to route the buses for the school bus runs.
This year we have a new added feature of Traversa. It is called Traversa Ride 360. It can be accessed through the school website or the mobile app.
The URL for the Traversa Ride 360 is https://nyschohariecsd.myridek12.tylerapp.com/
The Traversa Ride 360 mobile app provides secure access to student routing information. Ride 360 provides quick access to your child’s routing information, which can include the bus stop, route, and bus number. This is accessible on mobile devices, and confidential and secure.
See the attached flyer for information on Traversa Ride 360. If you have the app, the transportation department can notify you of any transportation delays or closures.
If you have any questions please call the transportation department at 518-295-6684.
Tips for parents and guardians
Schoharie’s school bus drivers consider the safety of students to be of the utmost priority and take great pride in their excellent driving record. They receive regular instruction in maintaining and improving school bus safety and thoroughly review all safety procedures each year.
Parental support plays a vital role in helping the school to safely transport our students. Please review with your children the following:
10 Rules Of Bus Safety
- Observe same conduct as in the classroom
- Be courteous, use no profane language
- Do not eat or drink on the bus
- Keep the bus clean
- Cooperate with the driver
- Do not smoke
- Do not be destructive
- Stay in your seat
- Keep head, hands and feet inside the bus
- Bus driver is authorized to assign seats
Other Important Bus Rules, Policies and Other Information
- The Schoharie Central School District Transportation Department will be responsible for providing transportation between school and either the home or the identified alternate daycare provider only.
- Live animals, large objects (except band instruments) and glass are not permitted on buses.
- Please have your children at their stop, ready to board the bus, at their scheduled time. Buses are not permitted to wait for children who are not in sight.
- Drop-off times may vary, especially on late bus runs (5:30 p.m.), as two late buses cover the entire district and drop-off times are affected by the number of students who stay for after-school activities on a given day.
- Parents may call the bus garage at (518) 295-6684 to let us know their children won’t be riding the bus that day.
- One of the best ways to cut down on confusion between children and bus drivers is to have a consistent schedule. One spot for pick-ups and drop-offs is best.
- Kindergarten parents – You, or an authorized adult, are required to escort your child to and from the bus to ensure the proper release of your child. No kindergarten student will be dropped off without the presence of an authorized adult.
- For field trips, sports trips and after-school bus trips, all buses have forms to be used in case a student, staff member, or chaperone requires transportation to a hospital. The form has sections for recording the nature of the injury or illness and the name of the hospital. This is helpful information for school officials and family members in case of a bus accident, especially out of the area. An accurate roster of all students who are on the bus trip is completed and available to the bus driver.