Welcome to Schoharie Central School!
To enroll your child please complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the online registration form and one appropriate registration packet for each student that is being enrolled.
- Download and complete the PDF at the end of the online registration form.
- Photograph or scan ALL documents, ensuring they are clear and easily readable.
The following required documentation will be needed for each student:
- Student’s proof of age (ie. birth certificate)
- Three (3) proofs of current residency for the parent/guardian
- Parent/Guardian State-Issued photo ID, Passport, or Government Photo Identification.
- Student’s immunization record
- Student’s current physical
- Grade-level student registration packet
- Court orders/documentation (ie: custodial paperwork, etc. if it applies)
- Without a court order stating otherwise, both parents listed on the student’s birth certificate will have equal access to the student and their records.
Step 2: Click the CONTINUE button on the left and complete the Online Pre-Registration form. This will be a step-by-step process for you to fill in your student’s information. You will be required to upload the documents that were listed in Step 1.
Step 3: Submit your information and write down your confirmation details. Once submitted, you will need to contact the appropriate office to set up an appointment to finalize student enrollment.
For 6th-12th grade you can call Michele Marshall at 518-295-6611 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Examples of acceptable documentation
Proof of Residency
Only children who actually reside within the district can attend school at Schoharie. Parents/legal guardians of all new students must provide proper documentation to establish residency. It is necessary for you to provide at least three acceptable forms of proof:
- A copy of a residential lease, deed, or mortgage statement;
- A notarized statement by a third party landlord, owner or tenant from whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) lease or with whom the parent(s)/guardian(s) live; and/or
- Such other statement(s) by a third party establishing the physical presence of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in the school district.
- A pay stub;
- An income tax form;
- Utility or other bills;
- Membership documents based on residency (e.g., a library card);
- Voter registration card;
- Documents issued by federal, state, or local agencies, such as a social services agency or Federal Office of Refugee Resettlement;
- Custody or guardianship papers.
Please note that any proof of residency that you choose MUST contain your physical address (not a PO box). Lease agreements should include the name of the owner or landlord, as well as their address and phone number.
- Proof of a physical exam completed within the past year.
- Proof of immunization.
- A completed authorization to administer medication form, if applicable.
- Prior school records and test results.
- Most current Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable.
- Custodial or guardianship documents, if applicable.
- Evidence of custody of the child includes but is not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers, or affidavits of custody from parent(s) and/or persons in parental relation.
- Information related to a temporary living situation, if applicable.
- Documents related to any prior name changes, if applicable.
Email any additional documents to the following:
For 6th-12th grade you can email Michele Marshall
Include the name of the student(s) and the primary parent’s name and phone number in the body of the email.
If you need assistance with any part of the student registration process, please call:
For Pre-K–5th grade 518-295-6651 or 6th-12th grade 518-295-6611