The Business Office of the Schoharie Central School District is responsible for the proper management and accounting of nearly $25 million of funding from local, state and federal sources.
The Business Office oversees the finances of not only the General Fund, but also the Special Aid Fund for grants, the School Lunch Fund for food services, and the Capital Fund for school building and property improvements.
The day-to-day operations of the Business Office include:
- Payroll for the employees of the district
- Purchasing and accounts payable for supplies, materials, contractual services, utilities
- Employee benefits administration
- BOCES services coordination
- Collection of property taxes
- Accounting for extracurricular activities
- Budget development and management
- Financial record-keeping and audit preparation
- Records management
- Property and liability insurance administration
- Capital assets acquisition and management
- Filing financial reports to state agencies
Information about the school budget and district financial reports are posted on the budget webpage.