The Schoharie Central School District values the role of the parent(s)/guardian(s) in working to help children achieve high academic standards. The information below includes some of the ways parent(s)/guardian(s) and school staff can build and maintain a partnership to share the responsibility for supporting a child’s learning.
The school agrees to:
- Provide high quality curriculum and learning materials
- Provide parent(s)/guardian(s) with assistance in understanding academic achievement standards and assessments and how to monitor their child’s progress
- Provide opportunities for ongoing communication between parent(s)/guardian(s) and teachers through, at a minimum:
- Annual parent-teacher conferences
- Frequent reports regarding a child’s progress
- Opportunities for parents(s)/guardians(s) to talk with staff, volunteer in class, and observe classroom activities
The parent(s)/guardian(s) agrees to:
- Encourage their child to attend school regularly
- Encourage their child to show positive school behavior
- Review their child’s homework
- Monitor television watching and encourage positive use of their child’s extracurricular time
- Volunteer in their child’s school and classroom if time or schedule permits
Attend parent-teacher conferences and participate, when appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their child
- We agree to work together, to the best of our abilities, as educators and parents/guardians to fulfill our common goals of providing for the successful education of our children.